Monday, September 10, 2012

Blog love


 

The lovely Penny from Paisley Summer recently passed a blog award onto me. Thanks Penny :)
 
I have to answer 10 questions about myself and reveal 10 random facts, so here goes....

1. What's your favourite song?
I have many favourites but one I listened to recently was "Slide" by the GooGoo Dolls. I never get sick of that song.

2. What's your favourite dessert
I adore icecream - pretty much any flavour apart from chocolate. Which is odd, because I love chocolate.

3.What ticks me off?
Ignorant, rude, mean people. Those that hurt animals and don't care for fellow human beings. We can do without them.

4. When I'm upset what do I do? 
Cry. I don't get angry very often at all, but I am a very emotional person. I just can't help the waterworks.

5. What's your favourite pet?
I mean really???? Do I really need to tell you guys? My Molly of course!

6.Black or White?
I like both for different reasons. Clothing? I like both, white is fresh and black looks good with a splash of colour, or by itself if I am feeling uninspired (eg going to work). Interiors? White, definitely, but then a black wall can look very fetching.

 7. Biggest fear?
Losing those I love. Aren't we all a bit like that?

8. What is my attitude?
Generally pretty good. I try to be positive, but things do get me down. Sometimes I get frustrated by life, things not happening how I planned them or wished them to be. I am resistant to change and can get quite stubborn and stressed when situations change.

 9. What is perfection?
There is no such thing, or rather perhaps there is perfection in imperfection. Making no sense? A flower with a misshapen petal is still perfect to me.

10. What is my guilty pleasure?

Books and magazines. I just can't help myself and use the fact that I am an artist as an excuse to purchase books like they are going out of fashion, "but it's a tax deduction!".
 
10 Random Facts About Me (I will try to think of things I haven't told you before)
* I have an unexpected but reasonably natural talent for spinning plates like they do in the circus.

* I wanted to be an Egyptologist when I grew up. Mum and Dad said not to be silly.

* I have tried ballet, salsa and belly dancing and enjoyed them all, in fact did them for years.

* I adore receiving parcels in the mail. I almost prefer to shop online so I can receive a "pressie" for myself in the mail.

* Despite having long hair, I don't own a hairdryer. Weird I know, but I dry my hair with one of those run of the mill electric heaters or by the fire.

* I drink my tea white with one sugar.

* I wish I could give up sugar, but I just love it too much, brain shrinking or not :)

* Here, we go, this is embarrassing, I love watching "Days of Our Lives". There, I said it.

* I love water, love being near it, on it, but hate being in it.

* I have been a vegetarian for 25 years.

Now I think I'm supposed to pass this on. I have to say I find that the stressful bit! I'd love to pass it onto you all as basically I am a stickey beak and like learning more about you all. Hmmm, I'll think about it.
So, anything shock you? My love for dodgy daytime tv? I'd love to hear what you think :)
xx

7 comments:

  1. I love these awards too (congratulations by the way) because they let us get to know more about our fellow bloggers, points that perhaps wouldn't be divulged otherwise (eg. Days Of Our Lives). I used to enjoy watching Bold and the Beautiful if I happened to be home early from work (back when I was working) but then, realised I'd rather that half hour to do other things I love and now I haven't watched it for about five years!! The only hairdryer I own is a tiny travel one which I mainly use if Grace's hair is wet and it's late at night. My wavy hair goes frizzly and feral if I go near it with heat and so I let it dry naturally too. I loved learning more about you and am impressed by your plate spinning talent!

    Have a great start to the week Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award Sarah! I might take you up on the offer as I haven't done a 10 things about yourself post in ages. Can you upload a video of you spinning plates please? I would love to see it! I am the same with so many of your answers, crying, people who annoy, magazines, dancing, sugar... Have a great day, give Molly a cuddle from me.
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm shocked to hear Molly is your favourite pet!!!
    An amazing skill set you have......a plate spinning, belly dancing artist! Incredible!
    I loved learning more about your Sarah.
    Is sugar brain shrinking? I didn't know that! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sar, I wish I'd read this before I saw you this morning! The plate spinning? No way. I need a demonstration! And the DOOL thing amuses me. I can't believe it. And I had no idea how you dried your hair. I've learnt a lot today ☺. J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, nothing really shocking, we all have our flaws :)!! I found another thing we have in common though, we became vegetarians around the same time! If you were a swimmer - you know I can't live without swimming - I should say we're twins separated at birth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Besides your dislike of water and the vegetarian thing....you and i have a lot on common. Congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok so already new the Days of our lives thing which I find totally endearing as you know. The shocker for me was the plate thing...hilarious. I would like to see a video of this too much. I am the same with the hair dryer thing...I also use the fan/vents in the car to dry it too you will have to try that one ha. I must look odd at traffic lights. Have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!